Monday, May 19, 2008

Early Morning Perspective

Normally I am dragged out of bed by 8am every morning. Sometimes it's by the kids but most of the time I get out of bed because I know that my sister will start knocking on my door if I have not gotten up to unlock it for her. My sweet sis comes over four times a week to take advantage of my treadmill. This practice has gone on for over two years.
But, this morning I was pulled out of bed a lot earlier. My sweet neighbor, who might as well be my sister, wants to start walking every morning with me. This morning was the first morning for us to go walking at 5am. It was GREAT. After our brisk walk we weeded in the garden. I've had about three hours to myself before the kids and hubby came looking for me.
I felt so good this morning after our walk and a good hour of weeding, in the cool fresh air, that I was able to greet my hubby with a smile and a kiss and I even made homemade pancakes for the kids for breakfast.
Bring it on! I can't wait for 5am tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I LOVE early mornings. You had a great morning. I hope you have more great mornings like that :)