Thursday, July 24, 2008

Scrapper Davis

This is a term that is thrown around quite often in our home and at family gatherings. The Davis family is notorious for stumbling upon super great deals for next to nothing, or nothing.
Case in point....I have been looking around for some railroad ties to edge our lawn with. I ask around a little and look at the home stores and online. Just yesterday I was spinning my wheels on KSL.com, a fav, and stumbled upon an ad for FREE railroad ties. I told Scott about the ad as soon as he walked in from work and within 10 minuted he had called to guy and found a truck to pick them up. Scott, the neighbor with the truck and a Scout from the ward picked up the free railroad ties. In the end we ended up with about 20 railroad ties. Can't beat that Scrapper Davis Deal! Oh, and by the way, if there is anyone out there that would like to put in some serious physical labor, Scott will be burying the ties on Saturday. I've got a bag of Popsicles to keep him going!

2 comments:

losacunapataperriando said...

I would totally send my husband to help, but he has to finish our fence this weekend... And i'm sure you can find closer help!
keri

Holly said...

Scott just has one more RR tie to bury! It took him a good two weeks but it's all woth it!