About a month ago, I picked up Jackson from his pre-school and the teacher expressed her concern to me about Jackson. "He knows the letters, he knows the sounds that they make, he just can't connect the sounds." Well, I decided it was time to check out the beginner reading books from the library and see what we could do.
That night, he had read "Max's Humbug" with just a little help from me. The next day Jackson read the entire book to Scott.
This has been one of the proudest moments in my mommy years. Since then we have been having him sound out a few words at a time each time we read a book to him. It can only get better from here!!
I'm so proud of you Jackson!
1 comment:
You go JACKSON!!! Wahoo!! Grandma is proud of you. You are such a smart young man!! Keep up the good work, reading is so fun!!! Love,
Bahma
Post a Comment