Friday, March 27, 2009

Running Addiction

It seems kind of redundant to keep posting the obscene mileage that I run every Friday but I've got to.
I've decided that I am addicted to running. I think about it all day long and even through the night. I have to mentally prepare myself to put in a long run on Fridays. On Monday I'll run a leisure 4 miles in under forty minutes. Tuesday is kind of a speed day where I will run 3 miles as fast as I can. This past Tuesday was 3 miles in 24.06 minutes. Crazy, I know. Wednesday is another 4 miles just to stay loose and then I hit it hard on Friday.
Running for me is my way of trying to outsmart Mother Nature. I am running from obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol, depression, and laziness. The physiological high that I get after a long run lasts longer than any mood altering drug. I find that I have more confidence and less anxiety after I run. It's worth all the fatigue I have to work through every weekend.
By now I am sure you are just waiting to read how long I went today. I'm not going to lie to you. This was probably the longest run that I am willing to do and I will back off quite a bit. I am tired.
So, for all of you out there that need one more thing to be smug about next time you see me, remember, I can run faster and farther than you. If you can catch me, I'll see you in fifteen miles!!!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

You are truly an inspiration. Way to go Holly. Don't give up, keep running but take it easy here and there.

Christina said...

You're awesome Holly!

Curtis Crew said...

WOOT WOOT!!! Run Forest RUN! I'm so happy for you, running is a cure all and you do find yourself anticipating each run. Some people think its nuts but its better than being nuts and fat and lazy. You rock! I love hearing about it.